VoLTE Systems Session Border Controller:
The VoLTE Systems VoIPSMART session border controller (SBC) is a dedicated hardware or vitrual gateway that controls the way in which phone calls are initiated, conducted and then terminated on a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network:
VoIPSMART - Hardware and Virtualized Session Border Controller
In a VoIP network each phone call is referred to as a session. It links communications circuits such as SIP trunks from service providers to devices such as IP PBX’s ensuring security and that the circuit is maintained correctly and translated where necessary.
The VoLTE Systems VoIPSMART SBC connects IP and hybrid IP/TDM networks via high-density WAN, telephony and Ethernet links in a compact 1U form factor appliance. It also transforms media and signaling to support efficient and reliable voice, fax and multimedia sessions for mobile, fixed and cloud-based applications. The combination of SBC and integrated gateway functions in a single chassis in the VoLTE Systems VoIPSMART SBC offers the potential for significant reductions in CAPEX and OPEX when compared to less integrated alternatives.
VoLTE Systems SBC Benefits:
- Hardware or Virtualized Appliance
- Local call breakout - emergency services calls with caller-ID, and trunk calling
- Connects to any access technology through an in-built media gateway
- POTS, xDSL, T1/E1, High Speed WAN, 3G/4G LTE
- Suports and Secures SIP Trunks
- Will connect to any standards based IP/PBX or SoftSwitch
- Highly scalablen and fault-tolerant pair for high availability
- Standalone or Co-Location deployment options
- Integrated Management Platform allowing Service Assurance Service provision
Download the VoLTE Systems VoIPSMART SBC Solution sheet here: